HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3/4 inch groups ?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Roland from Calif.

Default RE: 3/4 inch groups ?

ORIGINAL: trestand

KimberRuger,Listen to basically what everyone is talking about.Practice,form,and more practice,and you'll get there.To tell you the truth,I really hate shooting dots,can't shoot them worth a damn.But,on the 3-D,or if it's got hair and a heartbeat,it's a different story.
As far as these 3/4in groups at 20-30-40yds,well,lets just say I shoot with alot of very good shooters,and SEEING is believing...Bob
Bob, has pretty much hit the nail on the head here. SEEING is believing, it never ceases to amaze me how many Robin Hood's are on the web. I shoot in the top three in both and unmarked and marked yardage 3D venue and follow one simple rule; 1" per 10 yards. Now on to some more important info that will help you get better, some things just make shooting a bow easier. 1) string loop. 2) You have a round peep so get a round sight and center the sight not the pins. 3) New strings, most top shooters use custom strings for a reason (consistency). 4) Carbon arrows, nothing wrong with aluminum but they do bend over time. 5) Bets rest you can afford (MZE, Trophy taker, Drop zone to name a few) for someone pretty new I recommend the MZE. Bullet proof and not hard to set up by most good pro shops. 6) Release. Everyone has a preference, but a high end Scott release is hard to beat. After you get comfortable with a set up similar to what I've described, start shooting some of the newer bows and when it is time to upgrade you've got a head start, or wait and pick up a good used used one after this season is over. Good luck and buy some broadheads and get in your stand and shoot a big one.