HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - LBRs Bowfishin Pics
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 12:48 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: LBRs Bowfishin Pics

In case anyone is wondering, these were originally posted on the trad bowhunting board. That's not me in the pics--it's my bud Dan and the son of a mutual friend, TJ. Dan and TJ both stuck the big carp (47" long, and over 50#), but TJ's arrow pulled out. Dan (obviously) got it in the boat.

The fish in the picture are: Carp (6), Gar (2), Drum (9), Buffalo (1), and Shad (1). The shad is kinda hard to see--it's pushed up against the belly of the buffalo.

These were all shot at night on the Tenn-Tom Waterway in MS, near Beaver Lake (between locks D and E, I think). Not the most fish we've ever been in, but the most big ones in one trip--the biggest carp, drum, and buffalo I've ever seen were arrowed on this trip. We had a redneck rig, but it worked great. A portable generator hooked up to work lights that were tied to conduit let us see plenty well enough to shoot. Funny thing is the weather was looking so bad we almost didn't go out--cloudy and too much wind for bowfishing. We got on the water and the wind died down some--well worth the trip!

Got plans to try a new place Saturday after next--word is that the big carp in these pics is just average size where we are going. We'll see!

Chad