HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3/4 inch groups ?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 10:59 AM
KimberRuger

Default 3/4 inch groups ?

I'm new to bows/archery. I bought a bow before the start of last season figuring I'd practice for a year before going into the field with it. I'm sure I've shot over 2,000 arrows, but at 30 yards the best I can constently do is like 3", with my best ever being just over 1 1/2 inches.

I went to the bowshop after reading a post here from someone claiming to be shooting 3/4 inch groups because I thought my bow might be messed up. Nope nothing wrong with the bow. So I figured it must be me. The guy at the range watched me shoot a half dozen times and said he couldn't see where I was doing anything wrong.

Now, I know that without actually seeing me shoot it's pretty much impossible to say what it might be, but I'm hoping someone might be able (and willing) to give me a few tips on what to look for.

Generally, when the groups get larger, the arrows are off to the left, but from time to time they're "erratic" - some low, some high, and a few to the right. I'm pretty sure the bowshop knows what they're doing, and it's not the bow, - the only problem is the "nut that holds the release".

Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.