HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - va-game checkin on line?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 08:48 PM
pocomoke

Default RE: va-game checkin on line?

I can see where this makes life easier on alot of hunters,but I see lots and I mean lots of folks killing a small 4-6-8 point and all they gotta do is get it home then call in a doe and butcher it up then out they go for a better buck.

Dont feed me the lines about Oh the warden may check on them,PLEASE

What about the guy who shoots a big 12 point 170 class deer in the
middle of the night with his 06' and gets it home and calls it in as a bow kill the next day.Wow he has his tag and a spot in the book.If he had to check it in with the warden right there Not only would he be nervous as hell saying it was a bow kill when it was not,when the warden asked about the hugh exit hole I bet he would be shaking in his boots.

I witnessed this years ago when a fella checked in a nice buck that he said was a bow kill and when they were giving it the once over,there in the hole was a wad from a sabot slug.He was taken inside a trailer and I assume he got in some trouble.

Yes poachers will poach regardless but Va. Just made it alot easier to get away with it.There is just something about eye contact that will make someone involved in illegal activity screw up and spill the beans.