HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 4x4 wally-world special.
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 08:03 AM
BLACKTALON

Default 4x4 wally-world special.

Tried to practice some this morning on a new target I bought 2 days ago. A Walmart special, called the "4X4" Couldn't find the brand name, but it had a picture of Knight & Hale on the packaging. It has four shootable sides, two-fieldpoint, and two-BH. I was using field points, so I shot on the f/p side. ZIP!!! Almost a complete passthru. The fieldpoint sides are covered with the woven plastic material, like on bag targets. Well that first arrows fletching is ruined.[:@][:'(] So I switched to the broadhead side, and tried that. Not too bad I guess, the first five sank in about half way, no problems! After four rounds of five shots at 25yds, the arrows began sinking down to the nocks.[:@] Holy crap! I know I hadn't worn the target out with less than thirty shots, this is frustrating!

This is what I shoot:
Bowtech Pro38 s/c 60#, 29"draw
Gold Tip 5575 w/100gr. tips
WB Deluxe w/QS
Trophy Ridge Matrix 5-pin

Does anyone think wallyworld will give me a hard time taking it back? I believe if its made to shoot broadheads through, then it SHOULD stop f/p's better than partial pass thru's. It's not an expensive target, just under 30 bucks, and I know you get what you pay for, but, I think maybe that taget is defective. Thoughts?