HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dr Alt Meetings.......
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2002, 10:03 AM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dr Alt Meetings.......

Cardeer, When Gary Alt was at our gun club for one of his meetings he did mention (at least one of the places )where he hunts as part of his talk. Maybe he didn't respond because the audience at your meeting was close to the area. Ever have your favorite fishin hole/huntin spot appear in a magazine or paper? One of my favorite wild trout stream was in a PA magazine and my best kept secret was overrun! Oh yeah, as I recall, the area he mentioned was available to the public but he said that a lot of posted private property is in the area as well.

To those folks who claim that Dr Alt is going forward with his agenda, no matter what, it doesn't seem that way to most of the hunters I know.
As for the majority of hunters disagreeing with his plan, I dont see it among the 600+ members of our club, not among the hunters around my home and not among the hunters I've run into in the ANF. What I have encountered is some concern about the new ideas "is that really gonna work?" coupled with an attitude of "lets give it a chance".
By the way, the October rifle doe hunt has been scrapped. I guess they must listen to the wishes of hunters once in awhile