HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise
Old 08-24-2004, 05:30 AM
goldtip45

Default RE: Ready to jump off the roof!!! Liberty string noise

is your cable and string touching were they cross over----well this is what i done i pulled the original slide off and let the cables cross were they intended to any way and installed a hicks slide and i have a little more clearance this way----cable and string cross over above cable guard and it shoots great this way. the hicks slide gave me a little more vane clearance also. i love this bow and it shoots as quiet as a mouse.if you still are getting noise something has to be loose some were go over it like a fine tooth comb---make sure everything is anchored in even your draw stop.take the sights and quiver bracket off as suggested.like i said make sure your cable and string are not touching were they cross over at---if so get a hicks slide or use the original but reinstall it below the cable guard and then apply it to your cable guard that way making sure the string or cable that is closest to your cable guard with out the slide attached is set to the shallowest grove on the slide and then set back on that way.