HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Bow Question from a New Poster
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 02:48 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Bow Question from a New Poster

I am going through a similar situation just with different reasons. I had been shooting a Xi velocity extreme for 8 years I was very consistent with the setup but after months of tweeking and 3 sets of sights and 4 different rest and 2 releases and 3 different shaft sizes of arrows before I found the perfect combination. My Xi had begun to have some serious problems after the 8 years of use but parts were very hard to come by and if I did find parts they were used or expensive, since XI went out of business I think back in 1998 or 1999. Now I own a Browning Eclipse SL and naturally put all my old accessories from the XI on it. But the combination is far from perfect and dealing with it because I havent seen any sights lately that appeal to me. I am shooting decent enough to hunt with it. But I'm thinking I have lots of work ahead of me once again trying to find the perfect combination of accessories for this bow. I am gonna give copper johns dead nuts sight a try I hope i like it . I'm gonna stick with my nap quik tune 800 rest since i prefer TM style rests over anything, I was using a free flight release but it feels funny so i tryed a caliper type release and was much better but I have finally decided on the the fletch hunter release and it feels perfect.
Perhaps I get to anal about it but somany others know what i'm talking about.