HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 11:06 AM
TerryM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Liquidorange,
The point you make about outfitters not caring is a good one and should be heeded by all going up there. These camps have no problem at all booking and in fact it is difficult to get a spot. I know Nouchimi gived priority to past customers. In fact the camp we hunt out of has been booked by us and our now extended group for the last 6 years in a row for the last week of November, we always get first right of refusal for those dates. I'll say it again, they take your money hand you a key to the cabin and then you are on your own. And quite frankly I am perfectly OK with that. The big price difference that I mention between our outpost plan vs Mirage is because we do our own cooking. When I last checked Mirage was around $1500.00 CDN which was almost twice the price we paid. Not sure what Nouchimi charges for a lodge hunt which is the same type package as Mirage. So, given that everybody hunts the same territory anyway regardless of who your outfitter is I would rather keep the money difference and put it towards another hunt the following year.