HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Traditions Muzzleloader
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004, 07:47 PM
dog1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Traditions Muzzleloader

LeeinVa1,

I also have the Pursuit LT, got it about 6 weeks ago. The trigger pull was terrible on mine. I contacted Traditions and they said to send it to them, but I requested an enlarged schematic of the rifle so I could clearly see the parts. Even though I know it voids the warranty to take the trigger mech. down I did it and worked on the trigger, I told them I was going to do it and that I didn't care about the warranty.

Anyway, if you take a flashlight and look into the stock, you'll realize that is not a hex head bolt, it's round and requires a special socket. What I did was to take a 1/4 drive deep socket, long extension, rachet, and a flat screwdriver apex. You would have to pick the apex that will go into the bolt head (slightly), but will not go deep enough to grap the bolt from the inside of the head. Without the rachet on the extension, I took a plastic mallet and tapped the extension driving the flat apex in til it would hold, then put the rachet on and took the stock bolt out. I took the hammer and trigger out and used emory paper to sand both, I did this only a little. I put it back together and still wasn't satisfied. Did it again and this time I made a good shooting rifle out of it. You have to test it and be extremely careful, you wouldn't want to sand it to much.

When I first shot it at my 100 yard target I couldn't get the bullets to hit a 6 inch bullseye, I now can hit a 2 inch target consistently at 100 yards. I have a homemade bench and could probably shoot smaller groups if I had a store bought gun vise/bench.

dog1