HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Ol Gutshot

Default RE: WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?

Well, I can't sit with my dad. Drives me crazy. My oldest daughter is just 2 1/2 yo, so MAYBE this year she can sit with me. My best hunting buddy would have to be my wife. She sits quiet as a mouse and as long as she has her glasses on, she has good eyes. Could be sometimes we don't get much hunting done, especially in years past when we were just dating. One time she took some cross-stitch work up in the tower stand with us. I'm watching for deer and she is sewing away until OW! she accidently poked me! Hunting in South Texas, yellow jackets and wasps are a major concern, so that was my first thought.

But ususally, hunting is a solitary thing for me. I like having lots of folks back at camp and a trip would not be complete without Aunt Bev's cookin and Junior fixin everyones jeep everyweekend. Me, I just drive my good ol truck. It's kinda funny to see the line behind his monsterous mechanic's truck(he's my company's shop foreman) but as long as he gets to hunt, he don't mind. We've knocked down plenty of whiskey sittin around the fire after dark and moped out to our stands with hangovers the next morning. . .