HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Frost

Default RE: Poaching Closes Land to Hunters - A True Story

ORIGINAL: bfnc2003

So youre telling me if im fishing with my kids on the bank of a pond that im suppose to be able to control if a certain type of fish hits my kids nightcrawler and swallows the hook which in turn kills the fish. Now by your response youre telling me im liable for that fish, I tell you what if thats the rules someone has to play by then you know doesnt sound like too good of a fishing hole for me or my family. Just like the potbelly pig situation -----didnt sound like too good a place to hunt if you ask me. You know its folks like yourself that lack common sense that have created this country into what it is today. Kinda like the hot coffee lawsuits with these fast food chains...you sound like one of those folks that wouldve filed suit if you got burned because I bet your response wouldve been "THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COFFEE IF IT BURNS ME" . You see where Im going with this youre not thinking logically here. You want to put blame on people which as Ive said before is perfectly ok by me they deserver it. But on the other hand lets not overlook the fact that both grandpa and the hog hunters were STUPID enough to allow this to happen.
Both sides were not using common sense. Hog hunters shouldve never turned their dogs aloose knowing that pet pig was out there nor should grandpa allowed them to turn their dogs aloose knowing that he had a pet pig. Its kinda like letting your kids play on I 85 and then getting mad when someone runs em over.
And preaching to the land owner like this will convince him to take down the posted signs?????

Wow, you're way off base dude. The guys shouldn't have made an agreement to hunt if they couldn't live up to it - or control their dogs.

Plus, they lied to the landowner about harming the pet according to the original thread.

I wonder if they had been honest, and paid for the pet, and appologized for what they did if the man would have posted the land????

What a concept - hunters actually living up to an agreement with a landowner!!![&:]
Amazing thought isn't it!!!!![&:]

I guess those hunters will never know.