HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - maxi hunters....
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 11:19 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: maxi hunters....

NICE! that gives me some hope.....thats exzactly what i want....i want a DEAD deer or blood all over and the deer not going far......the reason is i hit a doe with a 295 gr HPcopper plated powerbelt last year......perfect broadside shot i should dropped her.....but something went wrong....i know i didnt pull......i didnt have TIME to pull.....it was a quick shot becasue she was running, saw me and stopped.....and my gun went off QUICK.....but what i didnt notice was a bunch of little twigs in the way....the canopy of the trees were THICK.....and no light gets to the forest floor.....you cna tell because there barey ANYthing growing down there......and the twigs were from the big oak trees little branches i didnt see.....i may hit one....they were tiny but there.....that deer BARELY bleed AT all......there was a piece of hair that the bullet cut out........so i knew i hit her....so i had t odo my best......readining all the posts on deer not bleeding but dying in 50 yards kept my hopes up....i had maybe 30 yards of PIN pricks of blood......then nothing........circled and gridded for an hour.....nothing.....got frustrated....forogt my cell phone so was heading home to see what dad says even though he was going to work.....i get out to the atv trail and i saw fresh tracks and looked adn there was blood on the leaves.....not fresh but it was her blood.....from an hour ago.....tracked it 30yds down the hill...found 3 spots where she laid down....i didnt push her off her bed.....it was atleast an hour-2hrs old.....and the blood was starting to dry......i couldnt figure out where she went from there.....the beds were in a circle....like she was hurting and tried to walk and laid back down or something.....i couldnt find where she went....she probably licked herself and got to stop at that last bed and walked off.....i dont think she was hit hard at all....300+yds from where i shot her.....i really think shes fine....i searcehd for DAYS....never say another sign...looked all through the creek and in all the springs......busted the WHOLE thicket with my buddy for hours.....found dead deer in there from other people....but not mine....never smelled her...and hunted there all small game season......its my fault for not seeing the twigs......but dang....there should been a little blood or something........i think i just got a flesh shot infront of the leg and low...dont know for sure.....but i dont think it killed her.....so thats why i want a better bullet....iand they didnt load for poop...i couldnt get teh second shot down!!