HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
speyrjb
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?

Awesome thread Turkey Fan! And great story!

My hunting buddy is my dad. He has taught me so much about hunting, fishing, and the oudoors. Not to mention life in general. He bought me my first gun at 7 yrs old. It's a Stevens pump action .410 that I still have to this day. I have taken soooo much game with that little shotgun. I would never get rid of that gun, even if someone offered an obscene amount of money because it's priceless to me. I have so many good memories of being at deer camp and taking my first deer. Duck hunging, dove hunting, rabbits, squirels, fishing for speckled trout and flounder. You name it.

After I became an adult we didn't get to hunt and fish together as much for about 5 years. Then 6 years ago I got an opportunity to join the deer lease he was on and I jumped on it! I hope to have many more years hunting with my dad because there's nothing like it in the world. Some of the best memories I have are with a gun or fishing rod in my hand with my dad by my side. I hope to be my son's hunting buddy some day to teach him the same things my dad taught me.