HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - field points to broadheads
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 10:23 AM
pheasbo

Default RE: field points to broadheads

they aren't aluminum, carbon. I didn't put the heat to the carbon, but just heated the broadhead toward the tip. I didn't think the shop guy was out of line, he has a pretty dry sense of humor and I do think his sign is funny "No whining about broadhead flight". I am just totally new to the archery gig and didn't realize that shops don't dink w\broadies. That is why I go to the pro shop for things such as arrow cutting, and to ensure I have the right gear. I thought spin testing was something done at the shop with a machine, I don't know. I do have two friends that shoot carbons and have heated the head before to get things lined up. The carbon looks to be in good shape, didn't get hot, and this was a regular Bic held a couple of inches below the broadhead just enough to be hot to the touch but the adhesive was still stiff enough that it wasn't all loosey goosey. I am pretty sure he used epoxy, at least that is what it looked like to me when he set the inserts. When I looked and checked them this morning everything was tight. I am pretty techy when it comes to stuff, bikes, guns, skis, cars, but one thing I have noticed about the archery gig is the lack of detailed instructions included with the gear, sites, rest, bow. To me that makes it harder to learn and adjust things. I mean I am dreading shooting the broadies because of all the horror stories I have read here. I haven't had to adjust my sights yet, I have a very rudimentary knowledge of how the TR Matrix Guide works, when do I adjust the pins versus when do adjust the windage\elevation? 1-2 inches off for pins, 4-6 inches off for windage\elevation?