HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - field points to broadheads
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 08:54 AM
pheasbo

Default RE: field points to broadheads

Thanks. Picked up some Muzzy's 100's last night, shafts cut to same length as target arrows. I asked the pro shop owner if he spinned tested, and his reply was along the lines of it is my responsibility to handle the broadheads, he doesn't touch broadheads unless they're his own, wouldn't want to cut up his fingers right before season. I inquired about spin testing and he shook his head, no, and pointed to a sign hanging up on the wall, "No whining about broadhead flight". Well anyway, I bought some of the Muzzy practice blades as well. Now I know why they call them practice blades! Muzzy's directions are a bit, ummm, Fuzzy. It took me so long to figure out how to get them assembled, I am sure I would've been shredded by the hunting blades. Well, now I know. Luckily I had been reading this site so I knew to line the blades up with my vanes by applying a little heat to the broadhead to loosen the glue on the insert, funny thing the pro-shop guy didn't mention anything about this step. I am going to shoot them later today and see what happens.