HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - va-game checkin on line?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 12:23 PM
VaSavage270
Fork Horn

Default RE: va-game checkin on line?

I would agree, the system will make it much easier for those late evenings etc., however someone broached of the “Mom and Pop” stores. And of course there will be those who choose the option to not report a harvest fairly that’s partially reality to some sense.

Well it won’t be much of an impact on revenue except for that of hunters purchasing other goods while checking their game in. As part owner of a Fishing Tackle Shop we also sale hunting license, we don’t make much revenue on license sales as I recall it was .50 (cents) per license I don’t know if there’s any revenue for running a check station for game. This may also have giving the State such protocol to have applicants apply online for license due to many shops etc. aren’t getting much of any revenues. Other than that the loss of any revenue as I see are from other purchases that interest others while checking in their game.

Right! Poachers will be Poachers regardless to what system is implemented, I also think now this is my own ostentatious belief, that by implementing such a system may have been reasoning to the lack of game check stations in strategic areas etc. In my experience one may have to travel a bit to check in game depending upon the area in which your hunting etc.