HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - extreme limbsaver system
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 10:23 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: extreme limbsaver system

I have used first the older NV system, and now have the Extreme Limbsavers on one of my bows. IMO, they are most effective at fighting recoil, then vibration, lastly, noise. The NV system I had on two fairly noisy bows that did have greater than average recoil. The recoil sensation was reduced significantly in both bows. Noise levels in both bows remained more than what I was after, especially compared to other bows I have shot and owned. With the Extreme Limbsavers, I would expect them to work a little better than the NV, little bigger, more Navcom, and slightly heavier. The way the Extremes mount to your bow, it is pretty easy to shoot the bow with them on or off to see how much difference they make. My current bow with the Extremes on it was very quiet before I put them on. I did notice a reduction in recoil again. They were worth it to me, since I got my set in Cabelas bargain cave for $29.99, and could install them myself. I doubt that I would pay full price for them, but they do help calm the shot reaction. They also change the bow's balance (forward) somewhat. I still think Limb Savers that mount on the limbs themselves are Sims most cost-effective product.