HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm an IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 06:49 AM
Buckem

Default RE: I'm an IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT

I'm certainly no expert at paper tuning but did learn the hard way. The good folks on this sight and Easton's paper tuning guide helped alot.
I took a big box and cut out half of it and set it in front of my target,leave enough room so the arrow could pass all the way through, and make sure it is parallel to the target! (first of my mistakes) Stand only 6' away from the paper and shoot threw it. Make adjustments so you get a good hole. Make minor adjustments to nock first until you only get a left or right tear,then adjust your rest.(second of my mistakes) The adjustments should be small cause if you over correct you can get the same tear as before you started tuning.
After that hole looks good move back to about 10 yards and fine tune your bow. Remember small adjustments one at a time. I was about ready to throw my Outback away when I first tried to tune it. I felt exactly like you. I also had to buy a new release with a 360* swivel head cause my Winn Flight was twisting my string @ full draw. Now I'm shooting awesome groups out to 40 yards. Stick with it and you'll get that sucker shooting great again in no time and if tuned right much better groupings.
(Anyone please add to this cause as of 3 weeks ago I didn't know what the hell I was doing as far as paper tuning but learned real quick and learned alot about my equipment as well!!)