HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What type of sight do you use??
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 09:41 AM
CBM SC

Default RE: What type of sight do you use??

SD...........your going to have to do a lot of compensating(a lot) to use one fixed pin to 50 yrds .........even if you had an extremely fast bow ......which the Outback is not !!

My Ultra2 shot 303 fps ........I had it set up with a 20 yrd Pin..........I would've had to aim about 2 ft over a deer to drop one in the boiler room !

I have used two sights on my Outback.........an Impact Cosmic 1 pin adjustable sight and a Cobra 3pin Sidewinder ! Both have advantages over one another !!

To answer your question about expensive sights versus cheaper............look hard at their mounting systems , overall quality, adjustment mechanisms, and mainly IME .........how their pins are protected !

My Cobra Sidewinder is nice and medium priced.........it has a nice scale.....tool less adjustments.........very bright .......overall very nice !
It was a little noisy at first ......but I fixed it in a few minutes ! The pins are not protected as well as I would like .................the Impact Hammerhead sight is similar (the pins are protected much better) but it's also more expensive !

The Impact Cosmic is the brightest sight I have ever used.......like the single pin..........very adjustable and can cover just about any range you want to shoot (depending on how it is set up)..........very lightweight......durable .......and quiet ! It is not an easy rest to make pin point adjustments with.......has no scale either (making something difficult.....more difficult)..........and while having two locking adjustments gives a rock solid hold........it also makes it a little slow to adjust (but I wouldn't say that is a major problem ) !!

Good Luck !!