HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabelas vs Bass Pro
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 06:51 PM
kodiak41226

Default RE: Cabelas vs Bass Pro

I used to love Cabela's until they put one in my back yard. It used to seem like a candy store, and now that I can go there all the time its really becoming a Ho-Hum place. There are two things that I can't stand 1.) Too expensive (I'm a businessman and their profit margins make me sick.) 2.) Every time I go there I can't find what I want, you would think that they would have everything under the sun. On more than one occasion they have referred me to a local archery store because they didn't have what I needed. The last time I went their I need a 5/16 cable slide for my Martin Jaguar, NOPE. Oh and another thing, they built the store in a nice small community that is exponentially growing because Cabela's opened. Now for miles around where there was nice farm land that could be hunted; hotels, gas stations, fast food joints, and strip malls are springing up. The way I see it Wal-Mart, Cabelas, and Bass-Pro are wrecking prime hunting ground. I would have preffered to mail order my crap rather than see wide open spaces replaced with buildings and pavement.