HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 09:40 PM
BowElkFreak

Default RE: QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

ORIGINAL: c903

My main point is; there is no piece of gear that can compensate for the lack of the necessary skills that need to be learned, and there is no piece of gear that can totally compensate for bad form, bad shooting, poor tuning, bad setups. It is quite obvious that too many of today's shooters are swallowing all the hype, believe that certain gear will perform some kind of autopilot shooting. As a result, many do not learn what they need to learn, and do not know how to troubleshoot their own shooting problems when the piece of miracle-gear does not live up to the claims.
c903 - I will agree totally with you on this point and I was in NO way trying to ever say or ask if QuikSpins were that miracle vane out there. I'm very precise in my shooting, I'm constantly tuning or checking the tuning on my bow, I try hard to get rid of my bad habits, I would consider myself a good shooter, etc. I fully know nothing will ever auto-pilot my arrow out there. I do know however that technology can help. I bought a new Hoyt last year and my accuracy increased alot over my "other" 15 year old bow. Why? My new bow is flatter, easier to tune and more forgiving due to technology. I see these QuikSpins out and I wonder if they might help too. The key word is HELP. What if they shrink my groups too? I posted this post to see if others had tried them, etc. I wanted to know if I should spent that much money to try them. Granted, in the big picture of my setup, it is a minimal cost, but little costs add up to alot over time. I know this, so I wanted to know if it's worth trying them, etc.

I will continue to work on my shooting, getting rid of my habits, tuning my bow and working on becoming a better shooter. I will also give technology a try and see if it helps and go from there. I'm usually very against technology. Using the same bow for 15 years isn't what you call a techno chaser! I'm also skeptical of fall away rests. Just too much moving on my bow and I'll stick my rest. Last year was my first year to try carbons, etc. The list goes on.

Thanks for the links and continued reviews of these. I'm hopeful they will help, but won't know until I try them myself.