HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Show is a disgrace
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 04:28 AM
Tazman
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting Show is a disgrace

On the other hand I do see where an easy "hunt"? like that could be helpfull to introduce a child to hunting and getting them aclimated to making a kill without the chance of turning them off by a rigoris, demanding hunt. Especially a little girl.
dino I will respectfully disagree with this statement. My identical twin girls expressed a desire to hunt with me when they were 10, I started them off with preseason scouting, learning how to identify sign and track. By the time they were 11 I could take them into any stretch of woods where there were deer and tell them find me a deer trial, they found one in no time, then I told them to see if they could find where they were bedding at. Well about an hour later they were slipping through a honey suckle thicket and jumped 2 deer out of their beds!

They have taken turns sitting on stand with me during gun season, they did not have a gun, they were observers and knew that this was part of earning the right to hunt. We had a doe within 20 foot of us feeding while we were sitting on the ground last year! At the end of last season I told them they had earned the right to hunt, they will be taking thier hunters safety course this year and will be the one doing the hunting this time with dad.

These little ladies KNOW what hunting is! They KNOW what it is to field dress a deer, they KNOW what it is to drag a deer out and load it in the truck. They KNOW what it is hang a deer, skin it, and butcher it!

These little ladies would have been disgusted if they had seen that show, they KNOW what hunting is and that is not hunting!