HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Show is a disgrace
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 11:54 AM
dino195

Default RE: Hunting Show is a disgrace

I watched that show (or parts of it) yesterday on the Outdoor channel.

I am kind of torn on this issue. On one hand I would never go to a game ranch and shoot pinned, exotic animals. It just doesn't sound fun or challenging to me. On the other hand I do see where an easy "hunt"? like that could be helpfull to introduce a child to hunting and getting them aclimated to making a kill without the chance of turning them off by a rigoris, demanding hunt. Especially a little girl. I don't usually knock others ideals of fair chase as long as their methods are legal. When I lived in my home state of Georgia, I would see a lot of folks driving deer or hunting them with dogs when I would hunt in central or south GA. Being from the hills of N GA, that was not my ideal of fair chase or a fun hunt but I understood that that was their tradition and ideal of how to hunt deer and it was legal so I respected their method.

In any event, that episode did not make for a good show. I wish these guys would get off the ranches and private hunting preserves and start doing some shows on public lands and regular leases.