HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to Bowhunting..got a few questions
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 11:48 AM
dino195

Default RE: New to Bowhunting..got a few questions

This is just the topic I was looking for. I am in much the same shape as bassman only I have bowhunted years ago. I stopped bowhunting in the late 80's when my work schedule got too demanding and my bow got stolen as well. I have an old browning recurve in my closet that I shot regularly and hunted with when I was a kid in the 70's but I kinda got used to a my old cam PSE Thunderflight in the 80's and I think I am going to buy me a new (or used) compound, as the bowhunting season is long and liberal where I live now. I remember how religiously I used to have to shoot my recurve to stay in tune well enough to hunt and how easy it seemed to transition to the compound. I have been hearing a lot about the Hoyt single cam bows and I am considering purchasing one. First I would like to ask what is the purpose of 1 cam verses 2? Also, I have noticed that different manufactures are making the single cam bows is there a cheaper alternative to Hoyt that would be as good of quality? Thanks for the helpfull post.