HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to Bowhunting..got a few questions
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 10:43 AM
slicendice
Typical Buck

Default RE: New to Bowhunting..got a few questions

Bassman,

Welcome to the world of bowhunting!! Bowhunting and archery is by no means easy, but the rewards are over-whelming. To answer your question about which bow to buy, you are the only one that can answer this question. To become consistant with your accuracy in archery, you have to become consistant with your shot. In other words, do the same things over and over again. From the way you grip your bow to the way you release,ect, ect. The only way to become consistant with your shot is to have a bow that you are comfortable with. I would highly suggest going to a bow shop and shooting as many bows as possible. Most bows on the market today are of good qualitity. What you are looking for is that fits you and feels comfortable.

As far as what to look for in a bow, I would suggest a long brace height ( 7inches at least, but the longer the better).

As far as what arrows to shoot, it all depends on your bow set up (draw weight, arrow length, ect, ect.)

This is where a good bow shop comes in. They can measure your draw length and help you determine what bow/arrow combination to get.

Best of luck!!! Stick with it, trust me, it's worth every bit of effort!!

Slice