HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quik Spin test.....completed!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 02:42 PM
CG

Default RE: Quik Spin test.....completed!

c903-Shooter error should be about the same w/ both sets...granted, 1,000 trials each set would be better to equal out shooter error but 100 is better than 10.

As I said, I kept arrows that were "flyers" in the test just negate any subjectivity on my part. IF I had set the figure at say 4" outside of center did not count, I would have to take out 12 AAE measurements and 5 QuikSpin and by doing so the data changes less than .2". Not what I, subjectively, call "considerable".

I didn't say they were better than any other quality fletching. My data and observations did show that they are more accurate than AAE when fletched in a similar style, when shot in my basement from 25 yards, in July, in Wyoming at 4200 feet elevation, with a 4 year old screaming upstairs, wife nagging I shoot to much, etc. This test was not designed to be a conclusive scientific study. It was simply a test (as scientific as I could make it with what was at my disposal) to see if they were superior to what I have been shooting. And the answer is yes and they are, to me, well worth the money.

Everyone can take my data however they want. Print it and blow your nose with it if you want. I just thought some could benefit from what I was going to do anyway. Trust that it was done as fairly as possible, not because I would get bashed on here if it wasn't, but simply for my peice of mind. Plus it was a great way to get back into shooting shape!!!

FWIW-I would say that the QuikSpins stabalize an arrow equally as well as feathers but are slightly less noisy. This is purely an observation of mine having shot both. For those of you that like the stability of feathers but don't like fussing with them or the noise, this might be an alternative.......However, it should be noted that these vanes, once deformed, will pretty much stay that way. A blow dryer helps some but doesn't completely straighten them.