HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 01:59 PM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Single Cams vs. Hybrid Single Cams

I'm short on time, but I can say after owning a couple dozen singles (actually probably closer to 35 or so), and nearly a dozen hybrids (whether CPS type or C.5 type) and god knows how many duals, I still prefer the single cam overall. Biggest reasons? less recoil/vibe and noise regardless of platform, and they "hold" better for me. They are not perfect, but overall I prefer them.

Second, you are incorrect in your statement about nock travel, several single track idler/ dual feed singles have straight and level nock travel. Mathews SL & HP cams mostly, and PSE's NRG. Whether tested static in a machine or dynamically w/ high speed video (as Straightarrow says, there is conflict about which method is more "accurate"). C.5 type hybrids usually do not show straight and level nock travel. Some CPS type cams will show less than optimum nock travel depending on how they are set.

And if you don't shoot a string loop the point is moot. No-one who shoots under the nock is getting straight and level nock travel.

Finally, limbs have just as much to do w/ nock travel as anything. I suspect a great number of folks shooting CPS hybrids are not getting perfect nock travel either because of less expensive /poorly matched limbs.

What is wrong with today's bowhunting consumers?
I don't know...you are a prime example though...worried about berating others' choice of equipment instead of shooting your own.

Might wanna get all your ducks in a row before you start trolling.