HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Legacy Bow Noise
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Iowa Monsterbuck

Default Legacy Bow Noise

I have a Mathews Legacy and about 3 weeks ago one of the limbs split. I took it to the bowshop and theyhad two new limbs from Mathews shipped for it and when they installed them I also had them put on a Winner's Choice string to replace the original Zebra string. I also bought a set of the new Sims Ultra Limbsavers and installed them on the limbs (the old limbs had a set of original limbsavers on them). Everything else stayed the same in my set-up except maybe the draw weight is slightly heavier than it was before.

Last night was the first time I had shot it since getting it repaired and it seems to me that the bow makes significantly more noise than it did before. Can +/- 5 lbs in draw weight make a significant difference in bow noise? Are the new limbs stiffer and need broken in? Does the new string have something to do with it?

I'm hoping to get over to the pro shop in the next couple of weekends to see what they think but was hoping somebody here could give me some ideas as to what the difference might be.