HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Openning my own place and need advice
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Michael J. Weigel

Default RE: Openning my own place and need advice

i agree with all the advice given.........

i am hoping to have at least 3 different types of beans to choose from (classic BBQ, chili and portuguese ranch beans - known as Papa's beans in my family)

i have a killer old fashoned sweet cole slaw recipe but also have a couple of others that will be used on specials on occasion.

portions will definately be very large and include (on dinners and lunches) your choice of beans (above), choice of potato salad, macaroni salad or slaw, greens (collard, kale etc. cooked up with ham hocks) and garlic bread....am considering adding a half ear of corn on the cob and dessert (simple stuff...peach cobbler & ice cream)....also considering brunswick stew...the last 3 will definately be on the menu but am not sure if they be included in a lunch/dinner plate most like just served as sides along with several other things like hot wings, garlic fries, Texas toothpicks, ect.....

i like that sign and have been trying to come up with one like it for a while...i think that i will just use yours....very good sign!!!

we are going to be starting as small as possible so to start with there will be no servers...depending on how it goes and how much business i get will decide when we are ready for a staff of waitresses...i figure that is about 1 year after opening but that will change if it really takes off...

i have already had mutiple people ask me about selling my sauces (and i will bottle and sell them at some point) but for now i am just focussing on getting this thing going and successful...

i catered a wedding reception this last weekend and my Q sauce was a huge hit....i know it is a killer sauce but it still blows me away how people react to it and how much they like it....will be doing another peddler's fair this fall and with all that i learned from the last time it should be very proffitable...

i am entering the crunch time for a late winter/early spring opening and the 2 places that i have been considering as a location just came up for lease this week...so i have lots of work to do right now and in the next 6 months...both excited and nervous!!!

send some prayers up for me and my place!!!