HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who else got skunked this year?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2002, 06:36 PM
herman
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who else got skunked this year?

Hang in there fellows your time will come.I know fellows that hunted most of their lives and never took a deer,and some that hunted for years and finally gave up.They say that there is more deer now than there ever was so I am pretty sure you will do good in the future.
Many,many,years ago (iam in my 60's now)I took three bucks with a bow before I ever saw a buck with a rifle,since then I have taken probably 200 deer,35 with a bow thats the ones I really counted and made notches.One to three every yr that our state has had a black powder season except 1991,took one with a bow but didn't get to hunt the black powder and gun because of sickness.And the rest during the reg gun season.
My biggest secret is that I shoot all year,bow and guns,and that I hunt all year,I hunt the off season with my eyes and ears,no weapons,searching for places that the deer will be when every body else gets in the woods.If you want to take deer,you either have to be very lucky or you have to do some home work,get in the woods as often as you can,look,listen and learn and remember what you learn.
Good luck to you both next year.