HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - String loop: yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 05:47 PM
gunsnbowses
Spike

Default String loop: yes or no?

Well, it's time to retire the ol' High Country. I'll probably get a Mathews. I went to shoot a couple models today and discovered I've probably fallen behind the times. I've never liked the idea of using a string loop, but quickly discovered it may be the way to go. The shop owner strongly recommended I use a loop. Actually, every single bow on the shelf had a loop already on it.

I see the reason to use it on a short bow like the Mathews Outback I shot. Less pinch on the arrow and better flight, etc. But I also shot the longer Mathews Ovation and like my old High Country Supreme, I saw less importance in "needing" a loop.

My biggest concern is changing my shooting technique by adding a loop. Currently, I'll place the arrow feather in the corner of my mouth as an anchor point. A little unorthodox, but it's served me well in performance. This will probably have to change if I add a loop.

What's your take on string loops? I hate to change a technique that I've used since age 8 when I shot a recurve and no sights. But am I missing out by not doing it? HELP?!!?