HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - tipping your guide
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 12:13 PM
killer243

Default RE: tipping your guide

my father and me went on a guided deer hunt last winter and we had a ball! we were there for 7 days and hunted for 6. we each had a buck and doe tag. it cost $1000 for my dad and $800 for me. my dad filled both his tags by the third day and i got my doe the first but we were having trouble finding a nice buck and i never got one. my fathers guide heard my dad talking about trout and he took him down the road a ways to a great trout stream. me and my guide hunted hard and he did everything he could to make sure i was warm, comfie, enjoying myself etc. etc.

they knew with my father having 2 daughters in college and 1 younger then me that we wouldn't leave a big tip but they still went out of there way to show us a good time. we ended up leaving a $300 tip and we tell people how great they were and many of our friends have/ and are going to make a trip up there. we are planning on going back in 2006. we had so much fun and made lots of friends it was well worth it. have a great time on your hunt