HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bear Whitetail Hunter Bow.
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bear Whitetail Hunter Bow.

...when I shoot at a target from about 10 yards, I have to aim about a 1-1.5feet under the targat to hit anything. The pin is moved all the way to the top, the sights are all the way to the top.
When you're sighting in a bow sight, you move the pin to where the arrow is hitting. If the arrow hits low and left, you move the pin down and left. If it's hitting high and right, you move the pin up and right. In your case, you need to move the sight down.

Your flipper rest will work just fine for release shooting. It's definitely not the first pick for the vast majority of release shooters but they work. I'd suggest looking at the whisker bisquit rest if you want something different.

As for your arrows... You'd need to give us some information before anyone could say whether or not you're in the right ballpark with them. What arrows? What size? How long? What is your tip weight? About the bow.... Is it the old 6-wheel Whitetail or the dual cam Whitetail II? What draw length? What draw weight?

(Honestly, if it's the old 6-wheeler, I would not spend much money on a different rest. No slam against the bow because I'm sure it'll do the job. It's just so old that it'd be like putting hubcaps on a tractor.)

.... will an old army camo coat work for Whitetail hunting?
What do you think we did for camo before the designer labels got involved? Heck yes it'll work!