HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the best carbon shaft arrow out there?
Old 02-20-2002, 08:15 PM
55#recurve

Default RE: What's the best carbon shaft arrow out there?

I don't think there is such a thing as the best carbon shaft out there. I've shot ACC, ACE, Carbon express recently, and will be shooting carbon-tech. So many differences, ACC is laminated carbon alumium, very straight, small diameter's, not strong from my perspective, you can't shoot them into cement and expect them to survive. ACE is a different barreled shaft but same concepts and ACC for the most part, not very strong. The good thing about eastons arrows is that you can tune them very well to almost any set up. Ive heard about people having problems with tuning Carbon Express style shafts, but they are so tuff and strong, it becomes a toss up between tunability and toughness. I think they will tune out of certain bows, but some bows don't like the pultruded seven layer crossweaved arrows. Sometimes I find myself being company BIAS, but after taking a long look at any of these arrows and there plus or minus's, I find that people fuss to much with their set ups ,changing this and that tweaking to much, especially on a bad shooting day. It's easy to say that this arrow is better then that, but if you take a good look, they are probably all as good as the others. Some arrows just shoot well for some people, and visa versa. I am trying to take an open minded look at arrow selection, without being bias, I like ACE, they are accurate, I like ACC same thing( they cost to much for me). I like carbon express, very accurate and tuff. Im sure I will like the CT shafts as well. I don't think there is a best one out there though, I do think there is a best one that works for you or me. Good shooting.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->