HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know this about mech broadheads?
Old 07-07-2004, 04:21 PM
jafzi
Spike

Default Does anyone know this about mech broadheads?

Last weekend, I started to practice with my hunting setup. I have a Mathews LX @ 65#, 26" 2312 aluminum, 4" vanes, 100grn Snyper broadheads and a total KE of 66 in my setup.

I started practicing in a block target in my home @ 20 yards and afther a couple of shoots one of the blades in the Mechanical Broadhead broke. I find out this happend with one of my arros witch have a full helical vanes (I was trying to find ot the best helical for my arrows)...... Afther that, I tried with the same kind of arrow, but with straight vanes and the Broadheads work pretty good and it didn't happend again.

What I'm concern is tha with too much helical in the vanes, the arrow spin to the point where it brakes the blades of the broadhead in the moment it enter the target.

Does this sound Sane! or I'm just having a bad luck with my mech.

Maybe one of you have had the same experience with this....... Now I don't konw if I should keep using a good helical in my arrow or just keep it straigth !.