HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need suggestions
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 10:26 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I need suggestions

i drove these guys nuts trying to figure out how to muzzleload......but eventually i bought everything i thought i might need....and my dads friend(my friend too i guess...just older then a normal friend..but hes always been good to me...) said hed take me to the range the first time and show me the ropes and get me started...that helped ALOT...i learned the basics of flinting and saftey with muzzleloaders...thats the best way to learn to muzzleload.....it seems like its hard to do and its complicated and people say the guns are unreliable(atleast the people in PA that dont muzzleload because we have a flintlock only season....) but its not bad at all....i love hunting with the flintlock now...its like warping back in time carrying around a flintlock and a bag full of all kinds of tools of the trade....i hope the first day of deer season is nice out...i will make people jaws drop seeing a 17yr old boy carrying a flinter....dragging a deer out too..i hope! lol....good luck...about the range.....its all about HOW you can shoot the gun....some of the new fancy inlines and such can shoot amazingly far and accuratly...and theres alot of good bullets out there that can perform out there too...but some states have certain laws on ignition systems, bullets, ect that you need to find out first.....