HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What kind of speed are you getting out of yur bow
Old 07-05-2004, 07:02 AM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What kind of speed are you getting out of yur bow

Nubo-
I know there is[:@]. I got a SLOW one that I bet couldn't make the minimum 320 fps from the factory on a good day. It came with a botched Birth certificate that reads-
64#
28" draw
300 grain arrow
308 fps- the 8 is written over a 4 (clearly the upper 0 has a 90 degree angle and there is a straight verticle between the o's).

That's 308 shooting an arrow 20 grains BELOW IBO.
I ordered a "heavy 60" so I guess they only have two arrows to choose from at the factory- one for 60#, one for 70#[:-]?!

Anyhow I've decided to just look past it's slow speed as it took two orders to get me the correct bow to begin with (still missed on the draw length[:'(]) and I wasn't gonna whine over a few fps (as I am now). I just wanted to get it over with (bad shop experience).

For comparison my 29.5" draw 323 ibo'd Mightymite was shooting a 426 grain arrow 272 fps at 63.5# draw (on my scale and chrony).

But alas as I said my chrony is ~7 fps slower than the two shops I've compared it with. Add that to the 265 and it ain't so bad at 272.

In hind sight if I'd known I was gonna get a slow bow and have to shoot it at 65#'s (according to my scale) to get any speed out of it I would have just bought the 70# model I test shot with it backed down to 63# it was faster than the one I got.

Once I remove the string things and add some leechs I'm hoping to pick up a fps or two.