HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any Colockum Archery Hunters out there??
Old 07-01-2004, 05:34 AM
trapper T

Default RE: Any Colockum Archery Hunters out there??

I am unaware of why they wanted to decline the herd in the first place. I beleive they do use it to decline a herd but I think they fail at closing off a perticular hunting method until it has went past their objective. Their main goal is money not the animal. IF they can fiddle around and keep Elk declining in this state they will call for an "emergency" regulation to make this a permit only type of State.That is their goal. HOw can Elk be on the increase in the country yet in this state for the past twenty years, they're always declining? THe way they speak, Elk should be extinct here by now...

Remember they're a bunch of college guys who for the most part I don't think they hunt too much?I could be wrong but some of their assessments just ain't right. Awhile back the Okanogan Mulies were coming back greater thatn expected because of the antler restrictions, to get their buck to doe ratio where they wanted the proposed taking of any buck.They just built the herd back up now to get thier "numbers" they wanted to kill off more? Stupid if you ask me, I told if you want to do that why don't we get rid of doe tags up there for awhile? LEt's do it by growing the herd, if the land can sustain it it will.THese guys think they're smarter than mother nature and I haven't seen her lose to them yet. Sorry man I get started on the WDFW and it drives me nut[:'(][:@]