HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage 10ML
Thread: Savage 10ML
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 04:21 AM
Striper Phil
Typical Buck

Default RE: Savage 10ML

There may be some safety reason behind smokeless vice BP & its substitutes in BP guns. More likely they want to keep the BP hunting as original as possible. The inline started a snowball of diluting the original BP “PRIMATIVE “ hunting season. Seems there are many variations of how primitive various states want to stay. As to the smoke issue a significant disadvantage exists with smokeless powder in that it obscures sight of the animal when he runs away. I guess this adds to the experience for some. Don’t forget most states added a black powder season to the rifle / shotgun season years ago. If you make the BP guns to close to rifle maybe the BP season should be taken away. Lets see here’s some of what has been added since BP season inception.

Scopes, Inlines, Primers (waterproofing), Pellets (easier, waterproofing), Plastics( sights & Parts) For all intensive purposes other than loaded from the Muzzle BP has become a rifle if you care to upgrade. I would have no problem with all states going more backward like Colorado and dumping all the modern add-ons. Remember BP was Originally was synonymous with Primitive. I think some states called it a Primitive hunting season?? My 2 Cents