HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Entrance and Exit?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Legacy357

Default Entrance and Exit?

I have read a lot of articles in Petersons Bowhunting magazine and one item they key in on is getting in and out of your stand undetected. they place that I hunt, i feel it is almost impossible to do this because of the wind. 85% of the time, the winds blow from the west and directly along the ridge. Now, I think the deer might get some what use to human scent because the farmers are up there year round, cutting down and timbering trees for their fire places. the trails that i walk on are about wide enough to drive my dodge ram up. here is a pic of the woods where I hunt, i posted it before. my stand where i shot my deer where all the rubs are in the saddle on the right side of the map. Winds from the west. i park down in the center middle where the first trail comes down and walk up that trail to the top. the only way to have the wind in my advantage would be to drive the fields in the afternoon and park further up and then walk up those far right trails. couldn't do it in the morning cause the deer are in the corn fields and make their way from the fields up the mountain and bed on the other side. any and all suggestions will help. thanks