HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Muzzle break for hunting!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 08:13 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzle break for hunting!

I have used the Gentry Quiet Brake(boy that is an oxymoron) and the gun was very accurate with the brake on but there was way too much muzzle blast and noise if wearing with no hearing protection while hunting. My hearing is tooooo valuable to me and I don't want to wear a pair of 3000 dollar hearing aides when I get much older because of muzzle brakes. If your a member of a gun club you won't have many members willing to sit next to you at the range(that could be good or bad), another consideration is shooting from a prone position on dry ground your going to get a face full of dirt, don't know many people that like that . The Browning Boss is even noisier(if possible) and is more trouble then its worth, I don't see many of them for sale anymore . Most of the people I know that had them got rid of them or put on the CR unit. Some people have physical ailments and can't stand the recoil of a heavy mag and need a brake(no pun intended) if your healthy and recoil is not a problem avoid them like the plaque.