HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My duck pond (pic)
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 09:27 PM
SpringHillFarms
Spike

Default RE: My duck pond (pic)

Thanks and like all of you, I do so love a great duck hunt. That said, I also enjoy just going and watching them. I made a hidden observation point on a hill by the duck pond so that I could take friends in the afternoon and watch the ducks pour in. They come in for almost an hour each afternoon to feed before they zoom out in mass in a stunning display of beauty as they head towards my roost pond. It really does make for quite a show that you just can't see too many times.
Last year I made a great video of the ducks as they came into the pond in group after group. It's amazing to see. They just keep coming long after you think it's about to stop. Every time I see something like that, or watch a remarkable sunset while sitting in a deer stand, or watch a covey of quail flush out of the brush, or simply enjoy an afternoon picking fresh blackberries while walking around the farm, I truly count my blessings and wonder why so few people now take time to appreciate and enjoy the simple things that truly make life worth living.