HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wal Mart?
Thread: Wal Mart?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wal Mart?

I ask how could this be...he said stores like Walmart get x-bows and guns with different componants. That's why they can sell them for less money.
This is unmittigated horse $&*t. I have heard this nonsense for years and it is simply a lie told by sporting goods stores to try and scare people away from Wal-Mart . If you think for a minute that Ruger, Winchester, Berretta or Remington is going to produce a crappier version of one of their guns just for Wal-Mart then I've got some farm land in the Everglades to sell you. No matter where the gun comes from its still Ruger, Winchester, Berretta and Remingtons name on the side of it. It will still be their reputation trashed if the gun sucks, not Wal-Mart. It will still be their customer service department that has to deal with the pissed off buyers returning their guns for exchange or repair. No way in hell would they do this. Besides I have compared guns purchased at Wal-Mart and local gun shops and there is no difference in features or performance.

Wal-Mart can sell so cheap simply because they buy in "HUGE" volume compared to smaller stores. Call to order ten Remington 870 pump shotguns and you won't get much of a deal. Call up to order 20,000 of them and they will cut you a helluva deal.