HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bullet Selection
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 02:43 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bullet Selection

I am one who believes moose are one of the easiest animals I hunt to tip over, however that being said I personally prefer premium bullets for all of my hunting purposes. I will not get into the arguement of why I spend more on bullets but to simply say I feel more confident that in the world of hunting being unpredictable and not being able to place your shots like at the range on a stationary target made of paper, that in the event I pull it slightly or the animal twitchs slightly I want to make sure my bullet will make it to pay dirt! For me anything less is short sited or failure to be realistic. I also don't think spending an extra few bucks on bullets is a waste of money, especially when compared to the amount I/we spend to do this awesome sport each year!!!

HL - of the list you provided I would suggest the 180 federal partitions. I haven't seen to many rifles that wouldn't shoot a part as good as a corelokt or powerpoint. The next choice would be a 180 gr Seirra Gameking, of the list you provided. If you could find Hornady ammo the Interlock SP or Interbond in 180 grain version would also cover both animals nicely. Likewise the Nosler Accubond which is both loaded by Federal and Winchester for 04'. If you are absolutely stuck on Rem Corelokt's than use the 180 gr version for your moose hunt.