HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowfishing pictures and reports
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 11:21 PM
johnkeltgen

Default RE: Bowfishing pictures and reports

Naw, no pics from this ol' boy! You think I'd be taking the camera out every now and again. Well, I normally bowfish around southern MN, mostly taking a few carp and more than a few dogfish (aka Bowfin)... killin' dogfish for me is more of a public service than anything else. Anyway, before I get too far off track here... I don't have a boat, but I know quite a few places that I can whack 'em from shore. I've been out around 10 times and the closest thing I saw to a carp was a muskrat! I haven't even SEEN a carp up close this year!!!! There's one spot I hunt that's a spillway for a local lake. Normally I can arrow around 15 carp a day with an equal number of misses (can't see 'em too well in the murk and current). This year has been a hard year for me to find carp and I can't figure out why. Even the "Ol' Reliable" spot hasn't produced. It's about a 2 mile hike along a creek and then normally you can arrow a TON of carp. But again, not this year. Anyone else here from MN that's having a problem locating those dang goldfish?