HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it a bad idea to adjust draw length if ...
Old 06-16-2004, 05:32 PM
sqrln8r

Default Is it a bad idea to adjust draw length if ...

Hi all,

I have a new Xtec, and have probably put somewhere around 1000 shots through it, and I think that the cable has stretched because when I anchor now, it feels like I really have to stretch to get it out there and stable. Also, I find that I sometimes will let the string creep forward and I will have to get back on it so to speak in order to keep it back in the valley before I am ready to shoot. I also find the string sometimes slapping my arm now I think because I have to keep my arm straighter in order to keep it out there.

My question is, would it be okay to adjust the draw lenght down 1/2 inch from 29.5 to 29 to compensate, or is this a bad idea. I have read some posts that recommend twisting the string to take up the stretch, but I don't have access to a bowpress to do that.

Do you think that the above symptoms sound like the string stretching, or is it bad form on my part? Also, are the factory Hoyt strings prone to stretching much, and if so, should I replace them now or wait till they wear out and just compensate with a shorter draw length?

I am not to worried about losing a few fps by shortening my draw length. And what would you all recommend for replacement strings when the time comes?

Thanks