HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - reel on a recurve
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Chessbum
Fork Horn

Default RE: reel on a recurve

What I did on my Recurve was cut out leather patches and tywrapped a Retriever Reel to it. The way the trigger sits on the reel makes it about as good as one can get with a recurve. I have tried out the Retriever on my longbow but it did not feel right. I then bought a wrap around Great Northern adapter on my longbow and tried it and it was very awkward to shoot and retrieve with a Howard Hill longbow. Another thing I have noticed is the fibre glass arrows are not spinned corectly it seems for my longbow where it is not critical in a center shot recurve. My longbow is 68" and not as compact as a recurve for shooting from my boat with out banging the bow up. I have two recurves I use, one with the Retriever,and one with an old Bear clip on type that you wrap line around. I also am working on using a Zebco 808 and the adapter thingy I mentioned but my advice is buy a Retriever and stick it permantly on your recurve (so you don't lose it overboard.) and you can't go wrong. I may add get the arrows with the safety slides on them.