HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your opinion:
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 12:29 AM
Idaho Hunter 59

Default RE: Your opinion:

Thanks for all the help. I purchased a Abu Garcia combo from a fishing shop near by. I told them what you have told me, and they helped me select the rod. It is med. action, 6'6" in lenght, 4-10 p. test. and has tremendous feal! Unline many of the stiff rods i have felt at Wal Mart and Freddies, this one accually feals like a trout rod. Tomorrow I am going to go put it to the test at Lake Elsie in Idaho. Elsie is a very small lake. But pretty well stocked, hopefully i won't have much trouble limiting out with 6 fish. I am taking just the basic bait, I am not going to worry about pulling out the spinniners, because i packed them up in the Storage Unit, so they won't surface for a while, lol. I went to the store and purchased some night crawlers, power bait nuggets (thought i would give it a try, never used power bait before), and some corn. I also bought some 10 and 14 sized hooks. And a tackle box to put them in along with the most important ingredient to a fishing expedition: Food!!!!!!!

So wish me luck, and hopefully I will have some pic's of some fine fish tomorrow!!

Thanks for all the advice and help!!!
Idaho