HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just turned 55 and still shooten them Howard Hill Longbows!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Chessbum
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just turned 55 and still shooten them Howard Hill Longbows!

Great I hope you do. Bernie told me you won the bid on the bear hunt. My daughter and I saw three bear the week we where there. It is a thrilling experience to say the least and while I took my longbow along and I intended to use it I hunted with my shotgun as the powers to be where not impressed with my file sharpened and serrated Howard Hill broadheads. Being it was my first bear hunt also and my then 14 year old daughter was with me I let her take the shot which I told you about. It was then all hell broke loose and to make this short we lost a good bear. It was an experience she will never forget I am sure and she wanted to return this year so I agreed try again with both of us a little wiser. I think you will love this hunt and all the beautiful country in Maine. Anyone comming up to Comptons I'll tell them the whole story as my daughter has teamed up with Edsel Duty that famous wild life artist from south Ohio and will be sharing his booth selling her art all weekend. I'll be out and around shooting my Howard Hill Longbow